Endurance Planet Podcast with Tawnee – Food and Supplements to Ease Anxiety, Ketosis Pros and Cons, and Chronically High Blood Sugar.
- How to help athletes with excess anxiety and unnecessary stress, mentally speaking, especially females?
- Are there supplements, certain macro ratios or specific foods would we advise for athletes dealing with anxiety, worry and high stress?
- Should one avoid IF and sugar? How to find the proper nutrition for one’s cognitive needs?
- Should one get tested to measure for deficiencies and imbalances, which is best to do first: urine organic acids, blood or hormone?
- GABA and nourishing your neurotransmitters.
- Steve shares his balanced approached to diet and nutrition.
- Pros and cons of nutritional ketosis, and understanding the risks of taking it too far.
- Trouble in keto land: Ironman athlete wants to know if going from low-carb/loosely Paleo to fully ketogenic was too much for the body and the cause of his performance decline.
- Other potential negative impacts from going full keto: an increase in resting HR, drop in HRV, drop in power, slower MAF pace, and increase in racing HR.
- The concept of carb cycling for best results
- Adopting MAF after year of dealing with an injury and also learning to wean off carb dependence.
- When diet, fasted workouts and low carb can go too far, especially for females.
- Achieving healthy body composition and understanding the red flags if your body is getting too lean.
- Could you have signs of an eating disorder and not realize it?
- Abnormally high blood glucose reading despite a lower carb diet, healthy lifestyle and regular exercise?
- What should you do if glucose levels commonly are 105-120 up to 140s upon waking. Could this be a sign of a more serious issue that requires investigation?
Leave a Reply