In this 4 part series you’ll learn the advantages of movement, the myths of flexibility, the confusion over stretching, and the perils of being misinformed about such a controversial topic. What truly makes you flexible? Should you ever stretch?
PART I: Move With a Purpose: Stop Mindless Stretching – Stretching for Flexibility, or Not
- Learn what stretching really is – or isn’t. Does anyone really know?
- Think about why you actually need to stretch; what’s the purpose?
- Flexibility is what’s important. That’s not stretching.
PART II: Move With a Purpose: Stop Mindless Stretching – Flexibility, Fascia, and Your Nervous System
- Flexibility is more than just movement and way more than just stretching.
- Sitting might slowly kill you but so will other aspects of life affecting your nervous system.
- Fascia! And Gel fascia – gooey stuff most have never heard of.
- Human variations: Maybe you don’t bend that way.
PART III: Move With a Purpose: Stop Mindless Stretching – Movement, Mobility, and Yoga
- Movement is important, stretching is not. Do you want to be a good at moving or good at stretching?
- Mobility is key — but what really is it?
- Yoga? But what about yoga? Yoga is stretching? No, it’s not.
PART IV: Move With a Purpose: Stop Mindless Stretching – Warm-up, Cool-down, Injury Treatment, and a Bozo Prevention Strategy
- Should you stretch before or after a workout routine?
- Should you stretch an injury? Should you stretch to prevent an injury?
- How do you get flexible and look cool but not become a Bozo?
Other Stretching Related Material: